“She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out she skinned and ate the damn thing just to use it as a coat."
I struggled with my rating of this book. I can’t remember the last time I loathed and loved a novel, all at the same time. But it made me feel, and that is always a point in my book.
I’m going to start with the good stuff, so we can get to the ugly stuff lately.
- The Mechanics between the families were well made; I liked the idea of a modern mafia invested on drug dealing.
- No dull moments in here. The plot was fast-pace and hard to take your eyes off it.
- The chemistry between Melody and Liam was so obvious it could as well slap me in the face. When they weren’t doing this:
They were doing this:
And I was fine in both times.
- BLOODY FUCKING MELODY. What an amazing character. Ruthless, strong, independent. This woman murdered and pillaged while wearing high heels. And I’m SO fine with that.
- The side characters had brilliant personalities, enough that each one of them could have their own book and it would be an entertaining read.
- I care enough to read the second book of the trilogy.
- Oh god,THE PLOT HOLES. There we so many of them this book was starting to look like a Swiss cheese.
- The plot was also too predictable and sometimes it went borderline ridiculous.
- It was too close to insta-love/insta-lust to my tastes. My underwear may enjoy this, but my brain doesn’t. If you’re already writing sex at 20% of the book you hardly had time to develop the relationship of the characters before they do it.
- Who the hell bangs after being shot? TWICE?!
- I don’t know if this book had a professional editor but if it did the guy was blind. Remember that post I made about commas? The author did NOT read it. I started to take notes of the weird choppy sentences but gave up when I had about 50 of them.
*Sentence: Recommended if you need a fun read with some erotic thrown in. If you want something to think about…well. This is no literacy prize.*
If you by chance decides to try this book,let’s do a drinking game: Take a hit every time Liam thinks about grabbing Melody’s ass. We will both have drunk poisoning on the first chapter.