The Company You Run From

The Company You Keep - Neil Gordon

"At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love."

This is the kind of book that makes you feel like you are standing in a role coaster. Not in a good way,though.

The first 15% or something of the plot are considerably good. The last 15% percent are also pretty well written and even endearing at some points.

The other 70%? You might want to skip on that,because NOTHING HAPPENS. Quoting Metallica: "Welcome to where time stands still,no one leaves and no one will." This is how I felt throughout most of this book. Like I was trapped in a permanent feeling of either confusion or boredom. Not the kind of feeling you want your readers to have.

Credit where it's due though: the characters were,for the most part,likeable. I also enjoyed how the chapters are written in the e-mail format. There is probably a good plot here as well,but it felt completely lost under a mass confusion of unecessary historical facts and too many point of views.

When this book was good,it was good. This is the only reason I haven't given it less stars. Lots of potential lost,along with good characters and a plot that seemed really unique. But it had it's moments,and those moments kept me going until the last page.

Sentence: If you could narrow this book down to those good 30%,it would be a much better book.