The Perks Of Reading An Amazing Book

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky

“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”

I’m going to make this review short. There’s nothing I can say that hasn't been said before, and I would like to keep myself from going into full gibberish mode. Blame my love for this book.

I think my heart just found its way to the best Young Adult book I've ever read. Screw people that think YA has no good titles, if this isn't quality right here I don’t know what is.

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

I’ll be forever in debt with Stephen Chbosky for creating a book that understands me better than I understand myself. Not even for a moment I believed that this was written by anyone else than a thoughtful, brilliant teenager. This is a story about loss, love and friendship, but even more than that, it’s brutally sincere.

Nonetheless, Charlie’s thoughts were very tender. I do believe the world would be a better place if we could all be sensible and kind as he was. I envy the person who could read his letters, for he/she is lucky enough to have the trust of such a lovely character.

Like I said, I’ll be keeping this short. This is my favorite YA book and I doubt my rubbish words would ever be enough to describe how it made me feel. So, if you haven’t already, read this book. I hope it can speak as deeply to you as it did to me.

“I would die for you. But I won't live for you.”